Thursday, October 16, 2008

A land where they speak English!!!!!

As of yesterday Britt and I are officially going to England! We arrive early Saturday, November 1st and leave Wednesday, November 5th. I can't wait! I will be able to ask people for help when I get lost and understand what they're saying. What a relief!!! And I can't wait to see one of my favorite girls in this world, Rebbie. I'll also be able to see my cousins Britton, Hillary, and their baby Nora, which I am very excited for as well. I'll be able to take a picture with a real Red English telephone booth soon.

As for Spain, it is still amazing here! People were convinced that working for free meant that I would live in a cold cement basement and become a slave. Little did they know that I would live in a beautiful little flat and "work" consists of playing with two beautiful girls. I actually have it better than most because the family is very sweet and I only work 3 days a week now. Four day weekends every week aren't something I complain about. (the door on the right is to my room!)

This last weekend was fun! We didn't do anything too exciting but we had a good time. We rode a tram ride called the Teleferico. It rides over Casa de Campo which 30 years ago was the Kings hunting grounds, and is a beautiful view of the Centre Madrid. Britt and I were craving Mexican food so our friends said they knew where to take us. It ended up being an interesting experience. They decided to order for us, without telling us that, so we ate chips with guacemole, a plain cheese quesadilla, and "fajitas" which consisted of peppers and a tortilla. NO rice or beans!!! haha Mexican food huh? They did bring us a little bowl of jalepenos so we decided to have some fun and dared everybody to eat the whole thing! So this is a picture of how proud Britt and I are that we could do it. I actually really like it! And I couldn't help but think of Travis and how much he loves his jalepenos. We also went bowling!!!!! For those who know me well know how much I love that game! I had my trash kicked in mini golfing a few weeks ago so I showed them what my game is all about in bowling. Of course I had to take a picture. (Danny, Rojelio, Diego, Britt, and Brie)

Church on Sunday was awesome also. Not being able to understand a word said for about 3 hours is a bit difficult. But i'm learning quickly and wierd things are starting to happen with me and the Spanish language. I was reading my friends blog and below a picture of her wearing Jesus sandals a friend had commented on how cute the Jesus sandals were. I read the comment out loud and pronounced Jesus as hay-su-s!! What!?!? haha Britt and I also find ourselves replying with si instead of yes and many other Spanish words without even thinking about it. I think it's a good sign.

No comments: