Sunday, October 5, 2008

Pictures!!!

I haven´t posted for a while because of internet complications, that are still causing me much grief, but I´m back! well for today. So I´ll try to update as best I can.
Britt and I started Spanish classes! woohoo! We go for 2 hours a day, Monday through Friday. It´s pretty intense because it is in all Spanish! We´re not allowed to speak any other languages, and I say languages and not just English because there are 3 Germans, a Brit, an Indian, and an Asian in my class. Oh and there is a boy from Philidelphia so I could pretty much say that for him to because of his strong accent. Anyway, it has been a lot of fun so far. Our teacher, Francisco, just laughs at us the whole time. Especially when we can´t pronounce words correctly.

Britt and I also went to Museo Del Prado. It´s a very famous museum here. It was HUGE and full of lots of pictures we coulnd´t read about cause it was all in Spanish of course. But we did get a little handheld guide in English that told us about the most important pictures. We saw paintings by Goya, Valequez, Ruben, and Rembrandt! Do you know who they are? Ýa, I didn´t before I went there, besides Rembrandt. We were there for over 2 hours and only got through about half of it so we just cruised through the rest. haha

On Saturday, Britt, Diego, Rogelio, and I went to Parque de Retiro. It´s a massive park that the King used to own. It has a little lake in the middle of it with lots of beautiful statues and such. So we just walked around, saw lots of street entertainers, and then went and paddled around in a little boat on the little lake. It was a lot of fun. Britt and I did most of the work though! The boys were too lazy. But they´re so nice to always take Britt and I everywhere and show us what Spain is really all about.

I thought PDA on BYU campus was bad until I came to Spain. People here makeout wherever and whenever they want to. I had to take a picture to show it to you. Now we have a joke that everytime we see it we have to take a picture. I wonder how many í´ll have by the end?

No comments: